Patrick,

The problem with trying to use anything else but Monokote is that the Paragon wing
derives most of its strength from the covering.
The wing is not D-tube construction,
just open-bay.  I speak from experience.  I recovered one of my Paragons with a woven,
ironable covering.  The first flight on it I
put it in a very shallow dive to test the balance, and in a very short time I had to
pull out because the wing was fluttering.
Needless to say, I immediately went home and took off the woven covering and put
Monokote back on it, even though there was a club
contest the next morning.  I would suggest not to skimp on the covering for a Paragon
wing, stay with Monokote.

Good luck and lots of thermals.

Terry Throop