> A friend and I got to Visalia about noon on  Sunday.  We had to
> park at the far North end of ~all~ the other vehicles.  We had to
> walk for a full 27 seconds before getting to the candy
> wagon/roach coach to replenish the vast quantities of bodily
> fluids expended during the trek.   Ain't life a bitch.
> Scott

Good point. Next year try this.

Actually enter the contest, arrive onsite at 0630, unload 5 planes between
two people (usually packed in fairly large boxes), field equipment,
canopies, ice chests, transmitter cases, food, chairs, and other sundry
items. Travel around the maze of cars, campsites and planes to your little
spot of Visalia. Make several trips.

Repeat this process at least twice, maybe three times if you practice on
Friday.

Darwin was not making a point about a spectator having to walk a short
distance. He was talking about the situation I outlined above.

However, as a well known aficionado of sarcasm, I was duly impressed by your
post.  Well done!!

Bill Malvey