Rob Skiba wrote:

> experience with these tell me if one suits soaring better than the
> other?  I have flown the 10x in RC Jets before and gliders but have no
> experience with the 8103 in a glider.  Does the 8103 have flight modes?
> I know it now has digital trims, but I am wondering about the mixing...

Both radios are capable of running conventional 6 servo thermal ships.
The 8103 will be much easier to program since the glider settings
already have the standard mixes that you need built in.  With the 10X,
you will have to use some of the programmable mixers to get some of the
presets and possibly some mixes.

If by flight modes, you mean launch, thermal, landing, then yes, the
8103 does have flight modes. It's also a little easier on the wallet.