Regular RX and TX NiCds should be stored charged if you are not going to use
them for a while. This will help prevent short circuits from being created
by cadmium migration. Charge periodically, say every 3 months, to keep
them topped up. Be more strict with older NiCd packs since they have
higher self discharge rates. You never really have to discharge this
kind of pack fully except to test its capacity. NiCd memory is a myth.
There are other effects like voltage depression which might look like
memory to the uninitiated, but they are not. Just charge overnight and
then go fly.

For some reason I have found that it is best to store fast charge/discharge
cells like the Sanyo SCR and SCRC discharged or nearly so. Keeping topping
them up at trickle seems to prevent them from holding full charges after
a while. These like to be fast charged from a discharged state.

Never store any kind of NiCd with a resistor or wire or other closed circuit
on it. The seals depend on a potential difference for their operation.
I give a few seconds of fast charge to my discharged Sanyo SCR's every
month or so, just to wake them up and keep shorts from forming. Shorts
occasionally form anyways, but their fast charge/discharge use blows these
away pretty fast.

Cheers,
Max
--
Max Feil                | Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.| http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/8815