Jimmy,

Bob Sealy of Quality Fiberglas, Cookville, TN markets the quarter scale
Reiher 2 sailplane short kit.  The kit consists of the glass fuselage, foam
cores and the plans.

The canopy is made from a wooden framework and individual panels. The canopy
design is from a set of quarter scale planes for the DSF Reiher 2 drawn by
Cliff Charlesworth.  The Charleworth plans are for an all wood built up model.

The Reiher 2 is a gull wing 1937 Vintage German sailplane that was the top
performer for that time.  It is described in the book "Worlds Vintage
Sailplanes" by Martin Simons.

I have a 3 meter Reiher 2 and I am planning on completing the Sealy short kit
this winter.  I think the Reiher design is elegant.

The Old Timer Club at Wasserkuppe in Germany is building a full scale Reiher.

Bob Harold