Dear HLG Fanatics:

It's official! The Torrey Pines Gulls will host the 7th annual International
Hand Launch Glider Festival, June 3-4, 2000, in Poway (San Diego) California,
U.S.A.

The IHLGF 2000 Committee met last week and began formulating the IHLGF 2000,
or what we are calling the first "unofficial" F3K World Championship.

The contest and social activities will be pretty much the same as it has been
for the last couple of years. So, if you, participated in one of those
events, or read one or more of the many articles, national and international,
that covered last year's event, there will be no big surprises. The one thing
different that we will be doing different this year is that we will following
the Provisional F3K Rules as modified by the current U.S. rules modification
proposal. There will also be a few "local" modifications made to reflect the
experience we have gained in conducting the IHLGF during the past seven
years. The IHLGF Committee is currently working on a revised set of rules and
tasks that we hope will reflect a happy median between what the current
provisional rules are, what modifications have been proposed by other
countries (Austria) and what, in our opinion, an international championship
event should be.

TPG and the IHLGF Committee are committed to providing the HLG pilot the
ultimate in international competition. It is with this in mind that we are
moving forward to present to you, the HLG pilot, a competition that will
continue our reputation as the best HLG contest in the world and an
opportunity to compete in the first "provional" F3K Championship.

Ron Scharck, Registrar
IHLGF 2000
San Diego, CA