>I was wondering what are peoples opinions on what colors make for maximum
>visibility and orientation.  I believe it is universally accepted that the
>upper surfaces should be a lite colour, usually white or yellow and the
>under surfaces a dark color, black, green, red.  Is red really a good color
>choice?  What about tailplanes, should they also be a different color?
>
>Thanks
>
>Michael

Mike,(yankee spelling for Michael)

Any dark colour will turn to black  25 feet from your eyeballs. So
any dark colour will do for the bottom. A contrasting colour scheme
will be better, put a 10 inches wide section of light colour in the
inboard panel. This makes it looks a pair of head light in the sky.
Surpriseingly, the pink colour is very good for a hazy(spell SMOG in
the LA ) day

Top colour will normally white.

Brian