Well, maybe as much as you possibly can, and then once you find out where
the elevons stall back off a little!

More seriously, I keep two throw settings on hand, one which pushes the
edge of elevon stalling at full deflection and another with about 50% of
that for elevator and 70% of the aileron throw, with a bit of exponential
thrown in to soften it a bit more around center.  The first setup is for
combat, and since we're on the east coast and the winds sometimes "slow
down" the second is for floating around.

Regards,

Joel