Boy, this has been some year.  I've lost count of my good friends who have
departed this earthly existence for the better place. Latest to go (that I
know of) is Frank Hoover.

Yes, I know most of you youngsters will not have the slightest idea who he is
(and I know some either didn't like him or don't care) but it would be worth
your while to read on and think about what someone might say about you when
it is your turn to go - and, for sure, we all gotta go.....

Frank was born and raised in Pennsylvania but came to Albuquerque during the
second World War and served as a bombing instructor.  He met and married
Molly during that time period and after the war he was part owner of a hobby
shop as well.

When I first met him he was already in the radio manufacturing business with
a single channel radio known as the ECE.  Don't remember it??  Look on some
of the first DeBolt trainer/cruiser plans where its installation was
illustrated.

>From that beginning the Hoovers formed F & M Electronics (for Frank and
Molly) and made a line of radios known as CG Electronics (named for their son
CG - a really crazy R/Cer like the rest of us).  Franks products spanned the
line from one single hard tube thru soft tubes, with and later without relays
on into digital proportional systems which were among the first of that ilk
to be made commercially available to us R/Cers.

Frank was left with no choice but to close the business in the late 60's and
sometime later married his current wife Bobbie.  She was in the real estate
business and they lived in a nice little community about 40 some miles south
of Albuquerque.  Bobbie stayed active in Real Estate and Frank retired after
a series of jobs and some consulting work in the greater electronic industry.
 After retirement he put all his effort in golf but still enjoyed hearing
about our hobby.

A few weeks after his induction into the AMA Hall of Fame we spent the day
touring the Hobby shops and some flying fields around Albuquerque and I could
see the light twinkle in his eyes as he looked and listened.  His
conversation with Charlie at Southwest (old Duke City) Hobbies was a hoot.

The big C finally caught up to him and he fought it as best he could but the
last time I talked with him he assured me he was comfortable and knew the end
was near so his passing is as natural as can be.

Services will be held at St. Philip's Episcopal Church, 113 La Luna Pl,
Belen, NM 87002. on Wednesday, Dec 29, 1999  at 10 AM.  Flowers or
contributions to your favorite charity in Frank's name are appreciated.

Watch me fly, Frank, you're a major reason I can, you know........!!