I am looking for a new slope ship and am considering the Sparrowhawk Composite from NW
Sailplanes and the Sierra form Hobby Shack.  Looked at the Sierra and was really
impress with it for the price of $250.  The wings, however, are not glass, but
hardwood veneer, with some other hardwood and hard balsa tips.  I presume the best way
to strengthen the wing would be to use Ultracote or Monokote.  The instruction mention
wood varnish as moisture protection.  I'm more concerned about small ding than overall
strength, especially for landing.

The Sparrowhawk is about $350, with separate flaps and appears to more completely
finished, with carbon/glass wings.  It also has an 80" span versus 99" for the Sierra,
both with RG15 foil, though the Sierra is double taper with tapered tip, where the
Sparrowhawk  appears to be single taper with tapered tip.

Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated.     Ron