I used the JR base-loaded antenna on my MPX4000 when I had it and did not experience any problems...YMMV

-Sheldon-

From: Mike Stump [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 10:32 AM
To: Bill Swingle
Cc: soaring@airage.com
Subject: Re: [RCSE] Power/Rubber Duck

>>Anyone had any experience using these in place of the OEM
> >>telescoping antenna? Is the range loss significant?
>
> An often asked question. The answer is: Yes.
> So far no one has made an aftermarket antenna that even equals the stock
> one.<<

you've never used the JR base-loaded tx antenna then.. "type accepted" replacement for stock antennas.. skinnier, a bit longer, and a bit more expensive than the "rubber ducks" it works at least as well (concerning range) as the collapsible variety..

although built for JR I know of a couple stylus users that have had great results with this antenna as well. no endorsement of this practice here, just real world use..

Mike Stump
--
CoreComm Webmail.
http://home.core.com