It can also be said that flying a woodie well is an art, requiring patience to
commanded inputs. Agile they are not when compared to a moldie. One usually
progresses to more sophisticated airframes offering better manuverability in
short order.

It could also be said that a woodie does not make for a good first aircraft
given the above lack of maneuvering prowess, again compared to a ful-house
ship. In hindsight I would have enjoyed soaring much more if I had started with
somehting that included ailerons. In fact my very next ship had just that and
made it much more interesting.

If it were meant to survive more than it does at the moment, the fun factor
would have to be greater...

Quoting Michael Lachowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Ray Hayes wrote:
> > No one builds woody sailplanes anymore ?  Don't believe it.
> >
> The unfortunate part is there are very few woody sailplane designs to
> build.  There is some old nostalgia stuff, that's about it.
> "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that
> subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME
> turned off.  Email sent from web based email such as Hotmail and AOL are
> generally NOT in text format

Simon Van Leeuwen
PnP Systems - The E-Harness of Choice
Radius Systems