From: Donald B. Barker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 10:48 PM
To: soaring@airage.com
Subject: RE: [RCSE] Molded Supra Antenna Placement - bottom placement

Update on antenna placement question I posed on Tuesday.

I did a fair amount of range testing today before I maidened my new carbon
Supra #48. I tried the thick walled plastic tube along the tailboom - works
but only what I consider to be very marginal range (approx 120 feet).

Shortening a long story. Gordy - you told me so!

What worked best for me was to lengthen the antenna so that 18" of antenna
extended out beyond the end of the tailboom. 18" has not been optimized. I
just found that with 18" out the back I had more than 300 feet of range and
ran out of dry area in my melting snow covered soggy field before I started
to see any glitches or jittering.

Don

"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that
MIME turned off.  Email sent from web based email such as Hotmail and AOL
are generally NOT in text format