I made some kevlar and fiberglass tubes for an Allegro light I did last
Summer; the first runs would not come off the form either.

I was about to cut them off and start over, when I heard Sal's voice in
my ear:  heat, use heat.  I swear that is from directions to take a
twist out of a fuselage.

I put the mandrel under HOT water, actually an Insinkerator, and it
loosed up enough to get it off - maybe?

Good luck,
Brent