Oklahoma experience:

Fut9CH (3 years) with Fut synth module (1 year). Flown ~ 3-4 times a week (It's nice to be retired!). Usually once/week frequency change depending on which models are being flown. Worked flawlessly for ~ 1 year. Had one bad setting at the field about 6 weeks ago - dials were set on Ch 19 but actual frequency was Ch 18. Basically, the little detents on the 'ones' dial didn't click in place properly. Rotated past and reset back to 19 and it worked OK. I've replicated this on the bench. Unfortunately, there's no way to be sure without turning on the Tx. So these days I check at home or at the Hotel before heading to the field with whatever I'm flying that day.

These are great units and I'm really glad others are getting years of service from them. But after a year it looks like the switches are getting a little weak on mine so I'd still vote for an affordable, electronically programmable variant that I'm sure will be coming some day.

- Dave R
(Bartlesville tonight and most nights unless it's the 2nd weekend (Dallas))

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

// Not sure what continuous means, but lets see, about 4 years since I did the conversion on my RX, same module, and a personal goal to try to fly every day somewhere in the world (failed that one a bunch,,,,damn weather!..and work :-) But and incredible amount of use and those dials are still snug and the module still dead on . Its been wet a bunch of times, radio and all, contests and slope...frozen and cooked. So while Martin is right, in fact they are pretty much invulnerable in our usage. Now the numbers have been gone for a while and I had to use a ink pen to remark them a few times :-)

Gordy
FT Lauderdale tonite, Key Biscayne tomorrow