What a novel and smart suggestion. Makes one wonder how many TX's out there have never experienced a tune-up...

John Diniz wrote:

Food for thought. With all the talk about batteries and redundancy in the terms
of saving your expensive RC model I wonder how many people are concerned about
their Tx condition and RF output. When was the last time you had your radio in
for service and to check the output freq? We've used scanners at events like
the USRA Race Over Rantoul to check Tx output. The biggest issue is old radios
that are splashing over onto adjacent freq's. This usually more of an issue for
the guy on the adjacent channel as the guy with the offending radio say's it
works fine. We'll probably be checking radio's at the LSF Soaring Masters to
keep this from happening. If its been more than a couple years you might want
to get that radio in for a check up.

John

--
Simon Van Leeuwen