Joe, since I last talked to you I have formed a firm opinion on why we should
continue to require the qualification portion of the F3B program.

 If we were to eliminate the qualification requirement and allowed anyone to
enter the the team selection event we will have to require the newer entrants
to make up their team arrangements or affilliations so they will show up with
the legal winches, turnarounds, monofilament, sighting devices, etc. and not
put an unfair burden on existing teams.

The existing qualification scheme actually helps to prepare the new entrants
with the event experience, the required equipment and teaming affiliations so
the actual team selection event does not get turned into a training session
instead of what it is meant to be.

If done properly, the removal of qualification process, it will still be
neccessary to require the new enrants to attend organized F3B practices or
contests in order for them to aquire the knowledge and equipment they need to
be competitive and be able to contribute to the F3B team selection process.

I am in the process of moving ahead with the August dates so that the dates are
firmed up with AMA as soon as possible assuming that no other bids with
improved timing or location will show up. If that happens on a timely basis
then of course adjustments can always be made.

I think that we need to keep the rules we have for this cycle as is but start
thinking about the next cycle this summer and lay out any rule changes this
fall so there is more than 1 1/2 years for every one to get familiar with the
changes and allow us to continue to provide the best team for the USA.

Regards,Dave Corven.