Thats a poor fix Gordy.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 4:35 PM
Subject: [RCSE] Supra #42 problem, FIX :-)

I can't believe that the only thing holding the wing bolts on is that thin
cf cap.  Very poor engineering.  The trick now is how to do something to the
ones that haven't popped off yet.  I really don't want to cut mine off, but
it is probably better than loosing a wing -- or whole plane.

I have been following Don's thread, since just after his #42 had been crashed a few times at AZ, so I have decided to modify my Supra's fuse so that that the wing bolt nuts and fuse 'cap' won't give out on mine after crashing a few times.

the answer is Bondo...well bondo and cloth. I figure if I wrap enough cloth around that super light pod construction, (picture one of the three stooges with a toothache head wrap to get a better idea of my fix).  The glop her up with Bondo, likely it will never crack or anything of the like after its been nosed in hard from a power line drop.

Don if you want I can send more detail on the fix :-)

Looks like its time for a new pod, since no glue is going to hold under the incredible twisting and flexing the pylon gets during launches and landings.

Gordy