In a message dated 3/27/2006 5:49:00 PM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Before this whole thread gets out of control, we should all remember
that #42 was CRASHED at Phoenix.  From what I heard, it went into
some power lines, then crashed from around 75ft.  Apparently, the
repair wasn't adequate.
    While it is true that the Supra encountered the wires, it is not true that it crashed from 75 ft.  It was rejected by the wires and flown to the ground without any damage.

    The problem with the rear hold down bolt was discovered three flights later following a "dork" landing.  This was repaired with a generous amount of epoxy applied to the separated area.

    The latest failure occurred approximately 50 flights later during another firm landing.  How it held together for the preceding launch is just good luck.

    In my opinion, if you only launch hard, but land gently, you will not have a problem.  Unfortunately, this is not my style. Occasionally I spear the landing.

Don Richmond