Please excuse if a duplicate. I'm receiving no posts from RCSE.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Harley Michaelis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <soaring@airage.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 02, 2006 10:14 AM
Subject: RDS pockets, wiring harnesses

Of late, I've been making RDS pockets out of carbon sheet I laid up out of 5.7 oz. bidrectional CF cloth. 4 layers results in a sheet measuring .038" thick. I just roll them with bagging epoxy over waxed window glass to get one smooth side but vacuum bagging the assembly between mylar sheets would be even better. I cut strips 1/2" wide on my little table saw and then into pieces of uniform length. The edges are ten sanded smooth. I'm using 3/32" bass sheet from Lone Star Models as spacing material. File 6 at http://genie.rchomepage.com/ details how to quickly assemble the parts and how to use a bench vise to get the perfect "slightly snug" fit to the shaft being used.

In the absence of getting any response from Hoopes regarding a harness for my big Genie #29, I again used a 2-part 6 pin Deans connector. I have just revised my document on wiring up the Deans and on request would be happy to e-mail a PDF version. The document also details the Hoopes Harness worked out between me and Tom to use for the Genie line of sailplanes.