Title: Initial CG on a scratch ship...

Just trying to get a rough idea where to start here, what formula you might use to come up with a starting CG…. Picture a 200 inch wing, root chord about 11 inches, tip about 5, straight leading edge, tapering TE.

Modern airfoil, HQ 2.5, 12 - 10 percent thick.    My thought was to go mid span, take some percentage of the chord there, then mark the root that far back - example:  30% of 8" becomes 2.4 inches - mark the root at 2.4 inches from the leading edge.

2 questions - how far off is that logic, how far off is 30%?

I'm towing this ship for the first flight, so I'd like to be pretty close, erring to the nose heavy side.

Thanks!
Brent