Thanks to all that gave me info on coming up with the CG last week -
much appreciated.  A couple overlapping techniques, a couple great links
(now bookmarked), and a lot of experience brought to bear really helped.

End result was a successful maiden and a still healthy ship.  For those
of you that threw out a number, 3" back from the LE seemed to be pretty
darn close.  That translated into a lead plug about the size of a small
coffee cup (with a hole in it for the tow release).

Again, the quick replies here were (are) much appreciated - shots of the
maiden take off are at

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=453840&page=2&pp=15

DARTS aerotow shots to follow when I get to more friendly computer.

Lift,
Brent