Soaring Friends, My TD ship of choice is Compulsion by Fred Sage usually with a 126 inch wing. I have had good success with this plane and managed to stock up a few as bargains came available. Some time back there was a comment that the stab was a bit small. Fred agreed and started to produce a larger stab with a light layup to compensate. Unfortunately, mine warped. Fred promised to fix but I was deliquent and events overcame Fred. I then went to some lighter, built-up stabs which were somewhat larger in area. I very much liked the way the plane flew with this setup. Unfortunately, the stresses were too high during launch and I had some very exciting landings with shredded stab halves! So what to do now? Any thoughts on the following: sources for straight, tough, light replacement stabs. How big in area and chord should they be? Characteristics of oversize / undersize stabilizers on the aircraft handling?

Many thanks for helpful suggestions. Jim MacLean