"Maurice has the CG at the back of the wing ala DP."

Actually George I have the CG set just in front of the horizontal stab :-)

Maurice

----- Original Message ----- From: "George Voss" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "'Stan Myers'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <soaring@airage.com>
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2006 10:13 AM
Subject: RE: [RCSE] Supra ? Mine weighs 61.75 oz prior to balance. How does this compare with yours?

This proves several things.  Any or all of the following could apply.

First is Gordy's rule of weights: Everyone else's plane weighs less than
yours no matter how light yours is. If you build a Supra RTF at 40 ounces,
somebody will have a lighter one!

Then: Stan is a lousy builder.

Next: Maurice is a great builder.

Next: Maurice used lighter equipment than Stan.

Next: Maurice has the CG at the back of the wing ala DP.

Next: Stan has the CG at the front of the wing.

Next: Stan's scale weighs heavy.

Next: Maurice's scale weighs light.

Next: Stan's plane has more carbon, paint or epoxy in it so it's slightly
heavier.

Next: I've heard 61-65 ounces depending on servo choice. Let's face it; if you use sub micros at 6 grams or you use micro digitals at nearly an ounce a
piece, you'll end up with different weights.

Next: 99% of us couldn't tell the difference between the way a 61 ounce
plane and a 65 ounce plane flies. 4 ounces out of 60 is only .07%. That's nothing for the majority of us. Most of us can't tell the difference in how
a plane flies unless we change the loading by 2 ounces per square foot,
which equates to about 20 ounces.  On a light plane like an AVA, we might
notice a difference in the way the plane flies at 1 ounce per square foot
increased loading, or an additional 10 ounces.

Next: None of this really matters at 1000' and 20 minutes!

Just my humble opinion of course.  Personally, I think you've done fine
Stan!

gv