Its different and from the MPX leg or Hitec's engineering.

IF you have had one of the MPX Synth RX's you already know how to program it.

One neat feature is that you can turn off the IPD filter, for doing ground range tests.

The IPD acts sort of like PCM in that when the signal is lost, it either goes into 'hold' or to a failsafe preset you have assigned (some guys like full up elevator, so a signal loss at altitude makes the plane loop in place, other like a version of full flap with a touch of extra elevator so that the plane stays really slow, and flares with any added airspeed).

The Fusion lets you program any fail safe setting with out having a special TX...any TX works, just hold the stick setting and touch the 'set' button per instructions.

One thing I found interesting was that you can use the IPD filter or not, without its just a standard FM crystal-less RX, with it, the micro processor goes to work specifically identifying 'your' TX...not just the frequency.  It verifies that the same TX is being used as when it was programmed by checking to see a couple of factors like number of channels that was being transmitted are still there, and the 'fingerprint' of the signal..sort of.

One other thing that I found interesting...was that the 'frying eggs' noise that synth RX's tend to cause digital servos to make, went away.

Won't have a chance to try it on the field till tomorrow for range tests in both standard and IPD mode.  So far IPD and DSP tricked out RXs have not been a good thing for us sailplaners, so fingers crossed on this one. Its very compact and price right too for 9 channels.

Right now in order to change Freqs or access programming, you have to be able to put a poker into the Set hole in the top of the RX case....often our installs don't allow easy access to the case of the RX, so I have already figured out an easy install on a remote button for the set function :-)

Gordy