From: Ed Anderson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: June 3, 2006 2:16 PM
To: Soaring@airage.com
Subject: [RCSE] Re: Soaring V1 #7744

Looking for Advice on Wing Incidence.

I am looking forward to flying in the June ESL event at LISF on Long Island.
I hope to see some of you there.

I have a old yellow and blue Airtronics Legend that I am trying to tune up.
I picked up a wing incidence meter and am trying to set the wing/h-stab
incidence. I don't have a recommended spec so I am trying to shoot for
something reasonable.

If I set the stab at 0 degrees on my GP incidence meter, the wing measures
1.5 degrees below the zero. I guess that would be 1.5 degrees positive
relative to the stab, correct?

Any recommendations on a good starting target?

It used to be more but I added 1/32 in shims under the rear wing hold down
to raise the back of the wing about 6 months ago and it seemed to fly
better. So I bought the incidence meter and want to set it correctly.
Unfortunately I have no idea if I am right on the money or way off. I have
the build manual but there is no recommendation in the book.

Would a 0 degree difference between the wing and the stab be a reasonable
starting point? I am thinking that there should be some difference but I may
have too much.

I hope to be able to upgrade to a Mantis or similar by the end of the
summer, but for now this is what I have to fly.  Until then, I will chalk up
the work I do on this plane as a learning experience.  Any advice would be
appreciated.

Best Regards,
Ed Anderson
Long Island Silent Flyers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that
MIME turned off.  Email sent from web based email such as Hotmail and AOL
are generally NOT in text format