Tto borow a phrase from a fellow poster, I pity the fool who wasn't flying
Nostalgia with the DARTS in Dayton today.... Blue skies, mostly light winds,
and great to non-existent lift conditions made for a challenging event.

We got in 7 rounds of 10 minute tasks, could have flown much more.  The air
was such that we had more 10 minutes winners than not - NOT the norm for our
Nostalgia events this time of year.  No carnage, either; again, NOT the
norm.  Many flyers went from zeros to heroes in one round (and vice versa
(me)).

1 power line (no sparks), 2 off field landings, and one flapping Mirage made
for some good entertainment.  After a tightly contested event where it
seemed everyone had a black mark on their cards, Don Harris showed why he's
earned so many Ohio's Cups.  He also became the new poster boy for the "Gulf
Coaster*" earning commission on at least one sale today and a "modeling" gig
for Skybench.

Much thanks go out to the Indy flyers that made the tip; we had more out of
Dayton flyers than locals - you all made the contest.

Brent

*Note: check out Ray Hayes and Skybench for info on this ship, it's a good
looking, flying, lesser known NOS ship.