If you can't, then I've been a very lucky free flighter all these years. I've used a number of different kinds of wire. Adminttedly the one with the thinnest, about 15" of lizst(sp?) wire and some gadgety base load, has only been flown to 1/4 mile downwind. It was an indoor model, the day was too windy, but I managed to get it to come down on the other side of the school building. Just range check. Also, you may want to set up a system, mechanical or behavioral, so you never launch without connecting that antenna.

I've also used thin copper tape as external servo wiring, tho I had to use capacitors out near the servos. The thin copper tape might make a nice antenna as well.

Stan Myers wrote:

I'm looking to install a wire in wing for an antenna. Can I use a very thin copper wire for an antenna?

TIA

Stan