I installed two JR 281 servos in a HL pod made of hybrid Kevlar/carbon cloth using GE Silicone II. After a bit of use one servo popped loose. I reinstalled it with Silicone II. The Silicone did not cure. I tested the Silicone by squeezing a bead on a piece of paper in the open and it did not cure.

I got a new tube. Tested it in the open and it cured. Re-installed the servo and the portion of the Silicone that squeezed out from beneath the servo cured but the film between the servo and the pod did not. Then the servo quit working. No response whatsoever.

I don't know if the servo failure is related to anything. I don't know what's going on at all. Can anyone help me? I'd like to use Goop but I think I'm locked into using Silicone since I used it first. Am I correct? Or is there a way of decontaminating the Siliconed surface?

Robert Samuels ............... St. Louis