To: "James V. Bacus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <soaring@airage.com>
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 8:22 PM
Subject: Re: [RCSE] JR Synth rx - in a Duck

Been flying R2000's for a while. It's nice to not worry about xtals any more. Or course, the R790 will be nice for the smaller models and to save a little weight compared to the 10 channel RX.

For all the transmitter impaired, you can also get a R720 FM RX from JR. Same form factor as R700, just FM.

James V. Bacus wrote:

Being a JR product I'm
betting that it will work pretty well.

Yup!  ;-)

Those who say that 2 meters suck are missing something. They are different. They don't have the same L/D, granted. But my unlimited ships don't have near
the roll rate of a 2 meter. The silly  things are a lot of fun.

I agree, rolls are funkadelic with a 2m. I can thermal loop at high speed, and do rolls over the top... the last time I flew my 2m a couple a weeks ago I was just shreading the thermals. Just fun for a change of pace, and then back to the ICON.

Jim
Downers Grove, IL
Member of the Chicago SOAR club, and Team JR
AMA 592537    LSF 7560 Level IV   R/C Soaring blog at www.jimbacus.net

.