Can anyone tell me the relationship between antenna down ground range and antenna up airborne performance?? What exactly is the mathematical relationship?? If this is real, then it should be able to be written in a formula.

No other radio device that I know of "tests" its performance by taking the antenna off to see what it does. But somehow we in the RC world have convinced ourselves that this is meaningful.

Bill

Thomas Finch wrote:
Got one a week or so ago and the range check was about 1/2 that of a  Hitec
Super Slim in identical setups.  Now I am in a quandry as I don't know
whether the Hitec is that good or do I have a defective JR.......