After many, many years of hard use, the red Wade winches used at the
AMA/LSF Nats have been retired.

In the fall of 2005, LSF and AMA negotiated a deal where LSF was to
procure and built 12 new winches and turnarounds, based on the Tim
McCann winch kits and off-the-ground turnarounds.  We are using new
3110 Ford long shaft starter motors and winch wiring kits from Tom
Bianchi at Injoy Lure Coursing.

Over the past 8 weeks, I have been working with a group of fellow SOAR
members to assemble the new winches.  The biggest job was to switch out
the Real Balls from the Wade winches to the new winches.  I will have a
web page up on the LSF site by the end of the week chronicling the
winch builds.

With that said, LSF is selling the Wade winches to help underwrite the
costs of the new equipment.  The winches have been reassembled and all
but one are in an operable state (special deal to anyone interested in
the fixer-upper).  $300 per winch, delivered at the Soaring Nats.
Includes foot pedal, battery cable and ground-mounted turnaround.

We will not ship (too heavy, too expensive), but if you are interested
in a winch and you know someone coming to Muncie, ask them if they
would transport it back for you.

And, of course, anyone wishing to make a donation to the winch fund
would also be appreciated.

There are already a number spoken for, I hope to see all the Wade
winches go to the good homes they so rightly deserve.

Please reply to me off-list or at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks for the bandwidth.

Tom Kallevang
Wheeling, IL
LSF President & Webmaster