I think many of you are missing the essence of Daryl's win at this year's Nats.
 Yes, he was flying a borrowed Duck, and he won.  Does this say anything about
the plane?  No!  The only thing that it proved is that it was strong enough to
survive the edge of the envelope style of flying that DP practices.

This kind of reminds me of a contest at Pasadena a number of years ago when JW
won 2M with an EPP foam DAW TG-3.  HE took great delight after the contest in
bouncing the thing off the ground and trying to get it to bounce into a nearby
trashcan.  What does this really tell us?  Simple, the best pilot will win,
regardless of what he is flying.  He will make the right decisions at the right
time, will optimize the conditions given the plane he is flying, and will land
accurately.  Reading any more into what plane who flew only tells you about the
particular pilot fancies in a plane.  And many of what were at any particular
contest is only a measure of availability, not inherant quality.

I like the Duck design, and flew them for a years while I lived in Michigan.
Is it the ultimate 2M?  Who knows, and more importantly, why does it matter?
Learn to fly what you have and you will be more successful, if contest
performance is your measuring stick of choice.

Jim Thomas, recovering Flight Line Director