With response from Ryan below.

-----Original Message-----
From: John [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 5:20 PM
To: Ryan Woebkenberg
Subject: RE: [LOFT] [RCSE] Further 2-Meters thoughts

Ryan,

Some good ideas! My only thing is that I would like to use the KISS method
and have something low cost and all the same. I am really leaning towards
the Fling 2M that Reggie from MIST was flying in the Nats 2M contest and
then again in the UNL contest after a malfunction of his unlimited ship. It
would be a great excuse for another plane and they have all the replacement
parts available (the $s are right). The 2M Fling even made Jim Deck's
"interesting observations from the 2006 NATS:" below.

*Cheap fun - Reggie Sewell's 2 Meter entry, a Great Planes' 2M "Fling".
Reggie was even sorta, kinda, nearly zooming this inexpensive stock ARF and
even placed just above Cap'n Jack's orange Duck.
            Submitted with a tad less respect,
                    Jim Deck

I looked over the 2M Fling and talked with Reggie at the Nats and it has
peeked my interest in that model for a fun low cost One Design type of
contest. Most would not have any problem with the cost and it can be put
together in one night. New fliers could have fun and great sticks could
"try" to prove their supremacy on a flat playing field while mentoring the
new flyers. Could be great fun, low pressure, and good for the clubs and the
sport.

John

P.S. If LSF or AMA would get behind something like this then maybe discount
club prices could be forthcoming.

 P.S.S is it ok to post this on the RCSE or LOFT?

Yes, feel free to post my thoughts on LOFT or RCSE.

I agree that the Fling 2M looks good and ability to get replacement parts if
needed would be a very nice feature.

These are all good ideas.  Whatever we can do to get more people involved.
Tonight I am going to give some Cub Scouts some flying time on my CDROM
powerd glider.

Ryan