I saw a post on RCGroups about no more thermal flying at H.S.S. Haven't lived in S.Cal in almost 40 years, but back in the early to mid 60's I use to go to an area called "Back Bay" as I recall. This was a fairly small peninsula that had a west facing cliff.

I used to go there on Sunday afternoons and watch the guys fly slope. Back then there were still some guys flying "reeds". It stimulated my interest in soaring and in the early 70's I started flying a Windfree in the flat lands of Central Arkansas and have been flying since.

Thanks Guys for spiking my interest in this hobby

Stan