From: CapnCrunchie [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sat 8/26/2006 4:41 AM
To: soaring@airage.com
Subject: Re: [RCSE] how high really

When using these altitude watches be sure to read the included instructions
very closely. Many of the ~$100 watches take pressure readings periodically
only once every 2 mins. (or greater) and are made primarily for hikers/skiers.
Suuto makes watches that can be set by user to take readings in intervals up to
every 10 secs. but at the cost of battery endurance. However, by the time you
get to this level of watch performance the price is approaching that of a
piccalario!

But then again, I am not going be to taking my vario with me as I am launching
off into Black Diamond mogul filled torture test in sub freezing temperatures,
either!  ;^O)
Blue skies,
Capn Crunchie