I used to strip the conformal coating off of fiberglass and EPOXY resin
circuit cards. The Conformal coatings were of 2 basic types:

Liquid Silicon Rubber (soft coating)
Epoxy -- type unknown (hard coating)

The reason circuit cards were coated this way is because they were
installled in the Avionics equipment "black boxes" on military
aircraft, and thus subjected to rapid climactic changes -- in other
words, water vapor condensed on the cards while the aircraft was in
flight at various altitudes, and the conformal coating prevented
electrical "arcing and sparking" because of water condensation, extreme
altitude or both.

Anyway, back at the ranch.... I was stripping the coating from a
circuit card one Friday and I forgot about it, and left the circuit
card in the bath over the weekend.

Monday morning the conformal coating was certainly gone, but so was all
of the epoxy resin in the circuit card itself. The circuit card looked
like a sponge made of fiberglass strands. (Yes the card was toast).

The magical solution to make this happen? (and I can't beleive you can
still get these 3 solvents at Wal-mart, but it's true!)

equal parts of MEK, Acetone, and Tolulene.

Our "bath" was inside a ventilated hood, and we wore THICK rubber
gloves, a Rubber apron, and face shields. -- Highly reccommended
equipment if you want to continue enjoying a functioning healthy
liver.

The downside? It also disolves almost every type of plastic known to
man.

It even disolves certain types of silicon rubber I said _almost_ every
type of plastic, but it didn't seem to bother the plastic IC chips on
the cards. The military usally uses Radiation hardened Ceramic IC's for
the most part, but there were a few plastic cased ones as well.

If you are going to try this on a plastic model plane, I can almost
guarantee you that the plane will disolve before the epoxy,
_but_the_epoxy_WILL_disolve_

But then, your question was; "how to disolve epoxy", not "how to
disolve _JUST_ the epoxy"  :)

So I would like to think I have helped you, but I really doubt that I
have.

good luck

--
urufu