It's amazing how many people spend so much energy attacking anyone with a new idea. Finding every possible way to crush it. If the same energy were spent in helping the person turn the idea into something workable, even if not the "norm", there might at least be a few more people trying to help the sport instead of giving up out of frustration and disappointment. If you can't find a way to "help" don't put walls up in the way of those that are willing to try.

Heck, in my business, when someone comes to me with an idea, I can often see that it won't work very well. My job is to sit down and work with them to figure out "HOW" to make it work, not just tell them to forget it. If it works out, great. If it doesn't, at least they tried.

I don't know who Tom (Liberator on RC groups is), but he has my support to try anything that will help the sport of soaring. Keep the LSF current program and try something new -- can't hurt.

I don't know who came up with the retriever cart at CRRC, but if that was shot down instead of a group working to engineer it and get it working nearly flawlessly, they'd still be shagging chutes by hand or be spending a lot on fancy retrievers. They figured out a way to work together.

A little note on status quo: We bought a farm in VA and there was a toilet in the house but it was not connected. The farmer said that it came when he had the house built, but he only used the outhouse. It was good enough for his father and like his father always said "it makes no sense to s--t inside the house". Well, I connected up the toilet since my father wouldn't have minded.