Tom,

Since I wrote to RCSE last night, I figure you might want an answer from me.
My motives were completely to encourage folks just to go and challenge
themselves to improve their skills.  Isn't this what it's all about?

I, for one, am completely open to the LSF starting an alternate ladder
program.   Doing so won't bother me a bit.  I never had a single thought of
'go away, just do it, and don't bother me'.  No way.

Flying sailplanes is a wonderful hobby, and I am all out for as many folks
to enjoy it, in whatever way they like best.  I do hope you got that from my
post last night.

Best wishes,

Jon 'not a heavy hitter' Stone