Gordy’s babbling again; the poor lost soul must be stuck in some godforsaken flea-bag motel room munching on stale pizza and washing it down with warm beer. The life of a traveling salesman ain’t all glamour, hey Gordy. J

Regards,

Bob Johnson

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 4:56 PM
To: Soaring@airage.com
Subject: [RCSE] LSF Discussion ...was just that.

The thread ran its course to its logical end,,,,disclaimers by posters that they aren't evil, hadn't said anything negative and for the most part are enthusiastic promoter/supporters of all things good and fun.

As expected the originator of the thread did not (once a bevy of enlightened ideas were supplied) head to kinko's to make thousands of copies of the 'non contest LSF achievement' sheets in pink...or any there color but specifically not carbon or glass, just wood products if you please. :-)

The silent hordes of rc pilots who we waiting to start their first tasks to fame, still lay in the shadows and sink, poised and ready for the forms to arrive.

I've decided to look at the bright side of it all....if indeed they are out there waiting to get started, let them wait, because if they were to rush the fields of rc soaring America, the 'regular' LSF taskers would have no problem seeing all the lift and sink on fields, having only to look around thru the clouds of non-contest sailplanes floating around their fields.

The next thread would be about the tremendous increase in mid-airs due to the congestion, the accelerated wear and tear on winches and lines, and whining about club budgets being stressed and the long wait times for turns on the winch line.

I'd have signed up just to be the first to reach L-4 duality :-)

Oh well, life ain' t Perfect, but there is one plane out there now that's pretty close :-)

Hope you all remembered to send Deleware's top contest pilot a sympathy card for his well traveled...on ...Mantis fuse. ;-)

Gordy

South Amboy, NJ tomorrow, still seeking contests for the weekend!