The following link discusses what effect boiling nylon in water has under carefully controlled conditions. However, this study was carried out on freshly molded dogbones, not something that has equalibriated with air/moisture like a prop or servo arm.

http://www.basf.com/PLASTICSWEB/displayanyfile?id=0901a5e18000488a

Mike

Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:47:50 -0000
From: "Brian Molloy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: soaring@airage.com
Subject: Re: [RCSE] Boiling Nylon Servo Arms/Control Horns?

Yep, nylon contains water and will dry out overtime.  Nylon is
fairly pliable when the moisture content is "normal", but when it
eventually drys out it tends to get brittle (for safety: props -
about a year in the midwest with our high humidity).  I use to boil
my nylon props at least once a year at the beginning of the flying
season - if the plane survived the previous one :^)

For low stress applications, this "drying out" is usually not a
concern.  Shock loads from prop strikes or high rpm, and control
horns from slope pilots' impacts . . . err . . . landings, could
cause failure.

Not the latest thing . . . it's an old thing.