Its not just soccer -- around here the problem was turning an open area into (yet another) golf course.

You have to be careful taking on soccer head on because it involves so many kids so obviously anything that benefits soccer must benefit the community (right......) and we're such a minority that we don't have the votes or the fiscal clout to make a big noise. Its a little easier with golf courses because its quite obvious what's going on -- its a mechanism to convert public facilities for private use.

Martin Usher