You're dealing with two receivers for redundancy. The AR7000 is actually split into two boards with about a 6 inch connection between them so the two RX can get "different" RF environments. I guess you could throw one in the fuse and one in the wing on a sailplane. I don't know if you can extend the connection between the two boards.

For those who want to RTFM

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo/Files/SPM2710_DX7_Manual.pdf

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
OK, the web site says "Limits of Vision".
Sounds sufficient but I have to ask: How much signal power does it put out?
Or, is it just "used car salesman" talk.

Bill Swingle
Janesville, CA

I have to question this too, because 2.4ghz is limited in power output
and it doesn't travel (propagate) well. I know people are having good results
with these radios and I wouldn't hesitate to use one on any small
airplane that would be within 1000ft.
I have personal experience with video feeds on both 2.4ghz and 1.2ghz.
and 1.2 has much better range, but both freqs. will not go through trees,
so if you fly behind a tree and the radio doesn't have "last frame hold" you
could completely go out of control. real world use will decide if this is an
issue or not, but the bottom line is that high frequencies at low power have poor range and there is a lot of stuff on 2.4ghz to screw up your signal when the primary
signal is lost.
I would really like to see spread spectrum on 72mhz. but it probably isn't a high enough
frequency to work at a high resolution........
All of that being said, if they made a module for my 9C, I would buy it in a heart beat...

Mark Mech
www.aerofoam.com

.