Many midwest pilots have completed their 8-hour slope tasks at 1/2 mile long earthen dam in Brookville, IN.   Winds from the S are what you want for that location.  I did my 8-hour flight there, and it's a great place for the task.  If you visit one of the archives for RCSE, such as http://mail-archive.com/soaring%40airage.com/ or the YahooGroups site, and search for Brookville, you will get lots of testimonies.

All you want is a slope where the wind will stay up all day with smooth air, and a decent place to land.  From your location, look into the Pompano Hill Flyers.    http://www.phflyers.com/  They might be up to allowing your attempt.  I'd suggest contacting them first.

Jon Stone

Raed Elazzawi wrote:
I am working on LSF level II, I know I am a long ways away from level
IV, but I can't help wondering about the 8hr task. I am curious as to
where people are doing it at.
Thanks

Raed
Orlando Buzzard

RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED].  Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.  Email sent from web based email such as Hotmail and AOL are generally NOT in text format