On Sat, 4 Nov 2006, td wrote:

Please does anyone outthere have a set of plans for the Highlander?
would also consider a used/abused Highlander and of course if anyone
had a kit they would part with....I would be most grateful!!!
thanks

I doubt seriously that plans for the Highlander exist, except for the owner of the design. Its been out of production for a few years now, which is too bad. The EPP airplane boom of a few years ago has fizzled a little, a lot guys making them, have stopped. There are, however, some alternatives that are still in production:

DAW 1-26 2m glider:
<http://www.skykingrcproducts.com/rcplanes/slope_planes/daves_aircraft//DAW_1-26_2meter.html>

NE Sail Defiant: <http://www.nesail.com/detail.php?productID=1445>

Mountain Toys Gentle Foamy (though website says sold out): <http://www.mtntoys.com>

There may be more, these are what I'm aware of.

I have experience with the DAW 1-26 2m. I learned to fly with several of Dave Sander's airplanes, some off highstarts but mostly on the slope. They were always really nice airplanes. Back when they were both in production there were a lot of debates about which was the better airplane, the DAW 1-26 2m or the MAD Highlander. I remember the consensus was that the Highlander performed slightly better as a thermal glider and that the 1-26 slightly better on the slope. Hope this helps a little.