After all the hype I keep hearing regarding Gordy's attempts to get Level 5, I have to provide him with a few insights:

1)  You can have any number of contests, as long as they exceed 20 people, to make the points for the level.  Thus, with all the contests Gordy has attempted to win at, surely he has enough for all levels in Total.

2)  Gordy, you have to learn how to fly man to even  get to level 5!

3)  A careful choice of airplanes and design will get you much farther than you are getting now, will all those wanting to get Buttons!

4)  You have to avoid the Shotgun and attrition approach to getting the Contest win.  You have to practice, practice, practice.  I would imagine you have had enough of that through all the contest travels, but really now....

5)  You do know that it might be easier to set a F3* record attempt, or perhaps an AMA record to get your win, they are accepted.  Try for one of those Maynard Hill records, just do it with a glider!

6)  With all those great planes on the market, getting a win should be very easy! You can open your eyes while you land.

7)  You might wait a few years more and then enter the "Senior" class at Visalia or the like, when there will be more of us there, if you think you can beat us with our canes.

8)  Have you ever thought of the Rudder Elevator woody class???  Wood is still stuff!  Besides, you only have to learn how to use the "right stick".

9)  I think we should get a new T-shirt ready for Gordy that says "  I have been to 50 acceptable Level 5 qualifying contests, and all I got is this lousy T-Shirt!"

10)  Don't try DLG, it is way over your head.

11)  Has anyone told him that his thermal, slope and cross country flights expire after 50 contests?????

Now I just wonder what those Buttons look like?  Can someone out there please post a closeup???  I have my own ideas for a button!

Keep working, I know of many who have been to as many contests as you!

Thermals,

Chris Adams