Hey, I agree. All that's needed is to change the landings and Skegs
won't be required. But nobody seems to want a reallistic scale landing. A
25 foot radius circle would be easily done by all, without skegs or
dorking. But I degress , If all make the time then what except the
precision landing prohibits the ties and flyoffs ? Most  Sportsman and
Experts seem to make their times +/- one or two seconds anymore , so
landings are the only way to enable a contest to be resolved without a
more precise aftermath . Perhaps target type circles to  1 meter or 1
foot or less would lower the flyoffs . How about a touch and go (req'd)
to stop the clock, then do the precision landing. Anyone tried that
lately ? Two chanels, no spoilers, no flaps, no RES bitching !!!

Flame On !
                      Ron.