Let me fix my errors lest I further confuse the issue.

Harley Michaelis wrote:
Dennis. . . such tips are surely encouraged for this exchange. Thank you. This one is a bit confusing. You speak of a "molded wing" in the first sentence, but later speak of lifting the "foam" to the skin. I admit to ignorance of the construction of the Emerald wing, but is it both molded and with a foam core? I thought they were mutually exclusive. I really don't follow what you are saying. Did you mean "bagged" wing? I understand about delaminations occurring in those, but then assume strictly a foam safe CA would be called for or fixed with epoxy. Please further clarify this tip.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
At our club meeting last night, I was showing an Emerald that had a little delamination on the molded wing. When asking the best way to fix it, Martin Doney passed on a tip he had learned. It's a small thing but it really works great. He said to take a tee pin and bend the tip 90 degrees about 1/8 inch from the end. Poke a hole to drip in some CA. After the CA wicks in, just rotate the pin and use it like a hook to lift up the foam to the skin while the CA cures. These are the little tips that make repairs a little easier, what's your little tip?

I'll collect them and post them on our website for all.

Dennis Hoyle
WMSS
AMA# SNUT
www.rcsoaring.org