If you are an A+ builder you will easily have an Ava beater. If you are an
average builder you will have an average sailplane. You have long winters in
Michigan, plenty of time to build. The old Soviet block builders put out very
high quality pieces of art. I know I am not up to the task, as I now have more
money than time. Good luck on the build. I sure miss sculpting my own planes.
Snowing in Texas? I flew my SparrowHawk (full size) today, got to 10,100ft in
slope and thermal lift today. I love SoCal!  Mike Reagan