In less then year I have experienced the failure of 3 winch solenoids. They are Cole Hersee solenoids. The first failure was with brand new ones. On the first day of use both solenoids failed at essentially the same time, they both stayed closed. A cutoff switch saved the sailplane. After the failure I installed Cal Posthuma's Solenoid LEDs. The second failure was last Saturday, it was only the second day the solenoids were used. One of the solenoids stayed open. Cal's solenoid setup's buzzer sounded and the LED for that solenoid stayed on. We jerry rigged a bypass for the bad solenoid and were able to fly.

I am a firm believer of  Cal's solenoid setup.

George Meyers    WD6EQS
Fresno, Ca